- How do I make a reservation?
Inquiries about room reservations can be made by submitting this online Reservation form .
- How far in advance can I make a reservation?
In order to make a reservation you will need to submit the application a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your event date and no more than 3 months in advance.
- Is there a fee to reserve the room?
Yes, there is an hourly rate to reserve the rooms and the rate is determined by the type of rental. There is also a refundable security deposit depending on how many hours the reservation is for.
- What does the rental fee include and when are the fees due?
The reservation fee includes the room, access to the tables and chairs in that room, and guarantees that you will have the room at the date and time that you have reserved. All fees are due at the time you submit your reservation application. No applications will be processed without the fees. We will not put a hold on any dates.
- Is food/beverage allowed?
Yes, just please make sure that the room is clean when you leave.
- What is your cancellation policy?
If cancellation is received 15 days or more prior to event date, a full refund will be issued. Cancellations made 14 days or less prior to event date will forfeit all rental fees.
- What is the room capacity of each community room?
- Valencia Library – 60
- Canyon Country Library – 65
- Old Town Newhall – 120
Maximum capacity is based on theater style seating.
- Will I be required to sign a contract and provide insurance?
Yes, in order to reserve the community room you will need to submit the library application and you will need to provide liability insurance listing the City of Santa Clarita as additionally insured for $1 million.
- Can the library store my equipment for me overnight?
No, there is no storage of any kind available at the libraries. These are public spaces used by many different groups. The library is not be responsible for any personal belongings.
- Can I post signs/flyers at the library to advertise my event?
No, the library or any other City facility will not be able to post flyers for any non-City events.
- Why does the policy include this statement? “The name, address, and telephone number of the Library may not be used as the official address or headquarters of any group using the meeting room or be publicized in such a way as to imply Library sponsorship or endorsement of the group and its activities.”
The Library is a public space. Members of the community expect the Library to provide access to reliable information that evenly represents varied viewpoints, and Library-sponsored programs are carefully planned with that in mind. This policy is in place to clarify that events sponsored by outside groups are separate from Library-sponsored events.
The Library location name may be used (Canyon Country Library, Old Town Newhall Library, or Valencia Library) and the street address may be given as long as the following disclaimer is also included:
“This event is not sponsored or endorsed by the Santa Clarita Public Library. The Library is not responsible for information provided at events held in Library Meeting Rooms.”
- Is audiovisual and technology equipment (e.g., computers, projectors, speakers) available for me to use?
No. You will need to provide your own equipment. The one exception is that Library staff members will provide access to a built-in screen.
- Can I expect Library staff to set up chairs and tables for my event?
No, Library staff members are not able to set up tables and chairs or any projectors or audio-visual equipment in Meeting Rooms. However, Library staff members will provide access to the built-in projector screen (screen only).
- Am I responsible for room break-down after my event in the Library Meeting Room?
Yes. Plan enough time at the end of your program to return the room to the way in which you found it. For example, please stack chairs in the place where you found them or return chairs and tables to the configuration in which you found them. The room must be returned to its original configuration prior to the Library’s closing time.
- Can I make reservations for the Library Meeting Room more than three months in advance?
Library reservations may only be made up to three months in advance. The Meeting Rooms are in very high demand. In order to provide ongoing service to the community, Library professionals need access to Meeting Rooms for approximately 230 Library-sponsored programs and 25 staff and committee meetings each month.