Available through Curbside while supplies last, our next grab and go craft is the (Ugly) Sweater Ornament! This kit includes felt, sewing supplies, glue, and various decorations to make the most beautiful or tacky sweater you can imagine. To participate just ask for the kit at any of our locations during curbside hours, and craft with us over zoom on December 9 @ 5 PM. Click here to register.
If you can’t make it to the zoom-a-long, the kit includes instructions, and we have a video to guide you through some basic sewing and wire shaping.
- You can decorate your sweater before or after sewing, just keep in mind if you are using a lot of glue, it might bleed through, making sewing after decorating better.
- If your hanger is not staying in place after sewing, secure the wire with some glue.
- If you do not want to use the wire, you can use a pipe cleaner, or use the thread to hang the sweater.
- Pliers help with shaping wire if you have them.
- You can get 4 sweaters out of the felt if you are economical with your template tracing!
- Use other odds and ends you have in your craft collection to make some personalized ornaments. We used scrapbooking stickers and embellishments.
This craft is adapted from: Crafts by Amanda
Music in the video: https://www.bensound.com/